Expanded polystyrene (EPS) packaging provides superior thermal insulation and hygienic conditions, making it an excellent option for cooler boxes.
EPS cooler boxes can be used in the food, beverages, health and pharma industries to keep food, drinks and medicine at a constant temperature and to protect the contents against damage. Cooler boxes need adequate thermal insulation to guarantee lower temperatures for the packaged goods inside.
The thermal insulating performance of EPS is higher compared to conventional packaging materials such as wood, paper, cardboard or polyethylene film because EPS has an excellent lower rate of thermal conductivity than its alternatives.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) manufactured by the Isowall Group is fast becoming recognized as the insulation material of choice by specifiers of “Bills of Quantities”. This comes largely as a result of our technical knowledge backed up by years of experience in the building and construction industry.
Here are some essential properties of EPS cooler boxes.
- Maintains the temperature constant. Any increases in temperature are detrimental to the quality and safety of packaged food, drinks or medicine. EPS cooler boxes keep products at even or below surrounding temperatures.
- Guarantees product quality and safety for storage and transportation. Thermal insulation during storage and shipping is a must. Think of perishable foods like fresh meat, fresh seafood or ice cream that can quickly spoil or melt.
- Protects against sudden temperature changes and thermal shocks. EPS cooler boxes can be used for product transfers or removal from refrigerator trucks or cold rooms.
- Helps prevent external contamination and bacterial deterioration. Products are preserved in ideal thermal and hygienic conditions. The inert ad non-toxic properties of EPS ensure that food and medicine don’t get contaminated.
- Protects the contents against breakage and mechanical deterioration resulted from improper manipulation and transportation.
- Provides a reliable and cost-effective packaging option for fresh produce, beverages and medicine, aside from the insulating and protective benefits.
- Assists transporters, producers and retailers to meet industry regulatory requirements for ensuring the quality and safety of the products in order to become fit for consumption.
The Isowall Group manufactures and distributes Isolite Shape Moulded EPS products with a wide range of uses including insulation, lightweight fillers and semi-rigid cushioning. Products include protective packaging, cooler boxes, and seedling trays.
Isowall is the supplier of choice within Africa for Insulated Sandwich Panel, EPS and EPP products. Contact us for more information.